BAKED SWEET POTATOES TOPPED WITH SAUTÉED VEGGIES
2 medium organic sweet potatoes, rinsed
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium organic yellow onion, sliced into half rings
2 organic Roma tomatoes, diced
1 bag organic raw spinach, washed
2 eggs (optional for topping potato)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Stab the sweet potatoes with fork or knife so that they bake all the way through
3. Place sweet potatoes on sheet pan and drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil all over, then place in oven and let bake for 40 minutes.
1. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Add the onion to pan, and sauté until translucent with a light hue of gold (5-7 minutes).
3. In same skillet, add the diced tomatoes and cover with lid until cooked down almost into a sauce: 5-8 minutes
4. Toss in the raw spinach, mix thoroughly with the sautéed onions and tomatoes, and let cook until wilted.
5. Salt and pepper to taste: recommended no more than 1 tablespoon of each
To assemble, cut baked sweet potatoes down center, and fill with a tong full of sautéed veggies (then top with the fried egg if using), and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.